We are happy to announce that we are re-opening our lobby for the following services:
- Pet pickup/discharge
- Pick up medications and food for the pet
Please note: Masks are required for all contact with our staff and in our lobby and please also keep a 6-foot social distance during your visit with us.
If you already have an upcoming appointment and have not completed your paperwork, please visit our online forms page and complete and submit your form digitally.
Thank you for your patience during these times.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Dix Hills Animal Hospital Team
COVID 19 SAFETY UPDATE
Effective July 17, 2020
Dix Hills Animal Hospital wants our clients to know that we are open and we are still providing primary care to our patients until the CDC, AVMA or local authorities recommend differently. In an effort to work with our clients we are moving to CURBSIDE CONCIERGE SERVICE and closing our lobby to clients in accordance with the CDC, AVMA, and local authorities in order to limit direct contact and focus on safety for all.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please remain in your car and call us at 631-271-8383
- A member of our staff will greet you on the east side of the building in our fenced area.
- A technician will discuss with you the reason for your pets visit and following the examination to go over your pets treatment plan.
Food & Prescriptions
- When you arrive to pick up food or medications please call us at 631-271-8383
- You may also utilize our online store to have prescription refills and pet food delivered directly to you.
- Your pets doctor will continue to review any prescriptions ensuring it’s the best possible medication and call you with any new information.
We want to keep our patients and our staff healthy.
Please contact us before your appointment so we can reschedule any routine medical care or properly address acute illnesses IF caretakers are:
- Currently ill or have any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days or
- In contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or
- Traveled or were in close contact with anyone who has traveled to any of the countries listed as a Level 3 Travel Advisory by the CDC in the last 14 days. (China, Europe, Hong Kong, Iran, etc.)
Infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets become ill with COVID-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people.
For more information on COVID-19 and pets please click on the following links:
- AVMA: https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
This is one of those times when we all have to band together in an effort to make it through to the other side of this crisis. It will pass and things will get back to normal and in the end, we will be stronger because of it.
Our Doctors and staff and Dix Hills thank you for your cooperation and your understanding.
Stay well and be good to each other.
Dix Hills Animal Hospital Team